Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving Day, uh..I mean Independence Day!

Have fun celebrating our Independence Holiday today!
We are we are going to my mom's to help get ready for a big BBQ tomorrow. When I say big I mean big! There will be about 200 people there. We will have some of the best homemade pulled pork BBQ you have ever tasted! The hams will start cooking around lunch today and there is about 10-12 of them! There will be all the fixings and lots of deserts. That's all my parents will let anyone but family bring! After the feast we will gather around for an old fashion singing. People will sing as others tell stories. That is tomorrow and I can't wait! It is my favorite day of the whole year!

But you know something, I think we have our Holiday names a little mixed up! I think we should call this day Thanksgiving Day! WE should be thankful to God for our free nation and for freeing our souls from sin.

So look up from your cookouts to heaven. Look up at the fireworks tonight and shout with me Happy Thanksgiving! Thank You God!
OK, I told you guys I was a little nutty!
Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Lysa TerKeurst said...

YUM!!! That food sounds so much better than my bag of Doritos I'm eating while delayed at an airport.

And I love renaming the 4th to Thanksgiving because we do have soooooo much to be thankful for!!!