Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Pardon My Purity

Hey Y'all,

First....if you haven't heard the news please take a quick moment and read the small post below. Then say a prayer and have a happy dance with me!

Our verse today is found in 1 Corinthians 1:30 "God has united us with Christ Jesus. For our benefit God made Him to be wisdom itself. Christ made us right with God; He made us pure and holy, and freed us from sin." (NLT)

I can tell you right now...I do not feel pure or holy! And since everyday I battle with temptation and sinful desires, I certainly do not feel free from sin. I mean...come on...it's a constant battle!

But God.....I have to stop here and say those words again....But God....oh...still not enough...one more time with gusto....BUT GOD....says Christ made me pure. Christ made me holy. Christ made me free from sin.

This is so hard to believe....I am in God's eyes already free....already pure...already holy. But God...in His word says that I am. You see, God sees us not only as we are right this second, but also as we will be when we stand before His throne. God sees without the constrains of time. He sees my eternity of His rest, as well as my short battling time here...all at the same time. Because I have been Set As One with God as we studied last time, all God sees is that pure, holy, delicate piece of His matching set.

Friends, we so often think because we are bombarded with temptations and troubles of this world we are not pure. Look at the cross.....It has already bore whatever has been or will be thrown at us. We are free....because the cross of Christ set us free.

You know why I think I don't feel pure, holy or free when God says I am...because I look at the wrong things. I look at the circumstances, or the temptation, or the trial and not at God. Like two people looking through a set of bars of a jail cell...both see the bars...only one is outside the cell and one is inside. If the one who is outside never turns his eyes to his freedom and only focuses on those bars...he too will feel as if he is also a prisoner.

Look and focus on this verse, instead of the prison bars, sin has fooled us with. Christ made us pure and holy and He freed us from sin. It is not us who are prisoners of sin, it is our enemy who is already the true captive.

So pardon my purity...I am walking this week like the pure, holy and free woman that I am!
Wanna take a walk with me?

Love ya
Pamela

No comments: