Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Will I run?

Hey Y'all,

Life at our house remains interesting. We are still waiting for Mike to be cleared regarding his feet so that we can go before the Army boards in February. I will NOT be getting a brace for my foot (YES!) and am waiting to see what will happen since I put in a formal complaint regarding all I went through. Me and Zoie have both gotten new hair-do's, and we both love them. Which reminds me I need to update my profile picture. A water main broke at the end of my street this past weekend and in the course of discovering why we had no water, I discovered that our hosepipe had busted. Yesterday I come home from work, and heard a terrible noise in my bathroom. I ran outside and discovered the reason our hose pipe had busted was because our water spigot had been left on where the kids had been playing. During our big freeze here, we had not noticed. Yesterday it warmed up enough, and the spigot popped off from the pressure and flooded part of my back yard! I really don't want to see that water bill! We believe it could have been running like that for an hour at the most but still.....

Yet, I have to tell you....God is good!

I am in the process of doing a Bible Study here using verses that specifically tell us what God thinks about us. I'm doing this because I need to understand not just in my head but my heart my identity through His eyes. I can't trust my own perception in this area. If I want the truth then I need to go to the Only one who can see all truth. My FATHER.

Today, as I was pondering what to write I got to thinking about this study. As we study together these scriptures about what God thinks of us...Let me tell you what I think of God.

HE is everything! He is my CREATOR, REDEEMER, HERO ,FRIEND, SAVIOR, FATHER, My BREATH, my BANNER, my HOPE, my KING, my FORTRESS, my LOVE, my EXISTENCE.

I love HIM!

I long for His return!

I crave the day when I can look upon His face and bow before His throne. I often wonder which emotion will prevail on the day I see Him....will I fall in awe to my knees or run into His arms?

Or...like the old Phillips, Craig and Dean song will He run to me?

The truth is it doesn't matter as long as He is there any reaction based out of the love and honor I feel will be correct.

I am going to run this race until the day I run to Him.

Love you all so much
Pamela

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey baby,

I am so glad as well that He is our everything. Our all-in-all!
He is so Amazing that no words can or could ever describe Him faithfully.

On Purpose said...

Wow there is a lot going on in your lives!! No time to be bored huh? Thank you for reminding me today just how GREAT He is!

Can't wait to see the new hair cuts girls!!!