Friday, June 19, 2009

A Nanosecond Later.......

Hey Y'all,

This week has been terribly busy. I've started seeing a chiropractor 3 times a week, we've had VBS this week and then there is trying to get ready to move...if we get into the Army.

Do you ever contemplate how quickly life changes? A nanosecond is one billionth of a second...quicker than a blink of my green eyes. An event happens and a nanosecond later...life has changed. I'm not talking subtle changes...more of the life altering kind. Those "I will never forget..." moments that we look back on and know that life before was sure different than life after that nanosecond.

Here are some examples from my own life...both good and bad.

The moment I took my first step....I would never crawl again.
The moment I realized that God was more than I could ever dream and gave my life to Him.
The moment I decided in second grade to never make a hundred on a test again, so the kids would stop calling me a cheater....boy, have I ever regretted that decision!
The moment a boy told me I was the ugliest girl he had ever seen in 7th grade... battle with my looks ever since.
The moment a revival pastor told my story without knowing it and I knew God was calling me to a Christian vocation.
The moment I accepted the call to go to Colorado as a Semester/Innovator missionary and work at a ski area with handicapped skiers.
The moment I decided to go to Seminary.
The moment My Granny died and my best friend Paula became my best friend as she and her, then boyfriend (now husband), drove me 9 hours home because I was shattered.
The moment I forgave my Aunt Dyan...we were both healed that day...her from 20 years of drug abuse, me from 11 years of hate.
The moment the man I believed I would marry betrayed me in the most heinous way ever.
The moment I saw Mike walking across the room at church and asking me if I was visiting....I was actually on staff at the church.
The moment Mike laid a piece of paper in my lap....it was pictures asking me to marry him.
The moment I said "I do."
The moment I screamed "Is it a Zoie or a Zachary" and Zoie let out her first cry.
There have been many more moments but I think I've given you too many to read so far.

We all have these moments. But blessed be the Name of the Lord....No nanosecond can change Him. He was there during each of those moments and will be for every other moment. We are never without His eyes on us...His hand shielding us...His heart loving us.

Thank you Lord for not even letting a nanosecond...no matter how life changing powerful it is, to ever surprise you or even make you blink.

I love you!
Pamela

8 comments:

On Purpose said...

Thanking God right now for the very moment He brought you Pamela into this world and shared you with us!!!

Kristen Myers said...

Okay, On Purpose said the exact thing I wanted to say.

So "Ditto."

My life has never been the same since, and all for the good!!!

Love ya girlfriend!

Runner Mom said...

Let's make it three!!! You are such a precious friend!! Thank you for all that you do!!

Hugs,
Susan

Me said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. Good luck with the chaplain process. It can be long and full of the army's unofficial motto "hurry up and wait!" I'll pray for you while you travel the journey. Keep me updated!

Edie said...

How true this is Pamela. And I have to agree with everyone else that I am so glad God shared you with us.

I haven't been around the blogosphere as much these days. But like you, trying to stay in touch.

Much love to you my sweet friend!

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

Hey sweet friend! I want you to know that I would LOVE to get together with you sometime. I am in Charlotte and I would be honored to meet with you! You are a precious soul...;)

Much love,
nicki

Joyfulsister said...

Hi Sis,
((((Hugz))) Oh it was so good to see you!!! I was blessed to hear my poem ministered to you. I truly give God the glory because he lays the words upon my spirit and I just write. I have missed you and I enjoyed reading your post. It makes me ponder about my journey as well. Have a blessed weekend and I will keep you in prayer!!

Luv ya Lorie

Sharon Sloan said...

What a difference a nanosecond makes! :) And He's holding each one in His hands.