Thursday, September 18, 2008

Fun Question!

Hey Friends,
The last few days have been stressful and rough. I am once again asking for your prayers concerning my back. I had my second round of shots Monday afternoon. It seems I will be needing a third round on the 29th. Ladies, these shots are painful and for a couple days afterward I am hurting bad. I can't sit more than 15 to 30 minutes a day the first few days. It takes about 4 full days before the medicine to kicks in, and relief comes. I believe the shots are helping overall, because after I recover from the shots, my pain is not as bad and I can walk better.

So that is why I have not been stopping by or posting as much lately. It has also put me behind on my writing deadlines. My editor at LifeWay is a jewel and a close friend whom I love dearly. She is understanding and has extended my deadline. Pray for me as I try to finish quickly and for her, as this pushes her work back some too.

School is another little ocean wave that keeps changing. I will be glad when I have a final number of students. Right now it is still in fluctuation. The school is wonderful and bending over backwards to help all they can and I praise God for them everyday.

Our church situation is as follows: Mike is still doing supply/interim work for this new church start. They are talking with a pastor candidate and have voted to offer him the position. It is now up to him and God as to wither He will accept or not. If He does, we will be there until he can transition here. If he does not, then we will continue until God opens a different door. We were in this same spot a few weeks ago, but that is what it is like when you are doing interim work.

I started out with just a little news but ended up with a long post....sorry.

So.... with out further ado.... I have a fun question for you!

Imagine that the United States Postal Service has asked you to pick a Biblical Hero (Other than Jesus...we would all choose Him, I'm sure) to be commemorated on a new stamp. Whom would you choose and why?

I'll share mine this weekend. I want to hear yours first.

Thanks for praying for me.
I love you all so dearly!

Pamela R.

11 comments:

On Purpose said...

Pam I am so sorry to hear about your back, I can't imagine the minute by minute pain you feel. I am praying for you knowing that God will get glory out of this situation and that you will be blessed for your perseverance, obedience and dedication. Trust me...its okay to get tired of feeling this way...but when you do...just go plant yourself down in His great big lap and let Him love all over you!

I love you my beautiful friend!

Nicole said...

Hi Pam! I'm so sorry your back keeps hurting. I agree with Nichole. It's okay and good to realize how you are feeling yeah...Nichole said it the best...I just agree:). Seek Him my dear friend, He loves you sooo much!

My favorite Bible character would have to be Abraham with Solomon a close second. Abraham for the obvious reason that He was willing to sacrafice his only son (that he had waited many many years for) out of obedience even when it didn't make sence. Solomon because when God appointed him to rule over (I don't remember what nation) the nation God asked him what He wanted from Him and Solomon asked for wisdom to rule the people God had entrusted to him. He didn't ask for riches or any of the such but because of his pure heart God chose to bless him with more than just wisdom! I want to be like these two Bible characters!

Love,
Nicole

Kelly said...

I would pick Rahab. She is the true example of how God can change lives. She was a prostitute, yet because of her faith she saved the spies and was saved herself. She was the mother of Boaz, who married Ruth. So she clearly raised a nice young man too, making her a fine mother.

She's probably not your "typical" hero, but she is to me. I'm not perfect either, yet God uses me for his good works too, and I am changed because of him.

(hope you feel better!)

Angela said...

Hi Pamela! I will be praying for you, lady! Thanks for your sweet comment the other day.

I think I would comemmorate Paul on a stamp. He never knew Christ personally, but dedicated his life to spreading the gospel. He had many amazing adventures and trials, and wrote letters that were inspired by God. He was sold out for Christ.

Beverly said...

Pam we prayed for you Tuesday night and we missed you. I pray you will begin to feel better soon.

Hmmm, who would I pick to be on a stamp? I'll have to think about that one. I have so many I think of right at first thought of this question.

Elizabethd said...

Oh poor you, I'm sorry to hear you are in such pain, and pray that you will be more comfortable soon.
Luke has always interested me as a person in the Bible. though maybe to commemorate David would be good also, his psalms have saved my reason more than once.

Kimberly said...

Hi, Pamela!
I was here last night, but I didn't comment as I needed to ponder your question! :) I have been praying for you, though!

How hard to choose someone! I know that Mary is already on a stamp, and I realize there are some who deify her. But I love her beautiful heart when she says, "Behold the maidservant of the Lord! Let it be unto me according to your word." I want a heart so surrendered to Him that I will allow Him to do with my life whatever He desires.

I also agree with Kelly in her choice of Rahab. What a story of hope! What a picture of grace and redemption! Thanks for this fun question! I'll be back to see who you choose! :)

I will continue praying for you!
Blessings, sweet Pamela!

Kelly said...

Hey Pamela - yes feel free to use my illustration at your conference. Thanks for the positive feedback! Everyone loves that!

Blessings!

Edie said...

Hey Pamela I'm so sorry about your back, I'll certainly lift you up in prayer. I love that God called you a geode. Ha! I so get it too. What a great analogy.

I'm going to have to put a little thought into your postage stamp question. I know I don't like the things they choose now (most of the time). I wouldn't choose Jesus only because they always do those unrealistic, halo around the head images and I really dislike those. I love images of Jesus that look real. They give me a sense of being able to stare into His face.

Feel better - Love ya!

Starr LaPradd said...

Hey lady! I certainly hope you are feeling much better today. You are in my prayers. I thought about you on Labor Day weekend. We were on our way to Savannah, GA. and went through Rock Hill and right past the exit to where your husband works at the Billy Graham Library.

My all-time favorite Bible person is Abraham. For many reasons, but mostly for his willingness to trust God in all of his circumstances. Most of the time, he just followed what God directed, knowing that God would protect him along the way and provide his every need, even when things looked less than promising.
Also, he made a few mistakes along the way, as we all do, and God still used him in a mighty way!

Loved you rpost today and remember I am praying for you.
Love ya,
Starr

Kay Martin said...

I'm praying for your back. Is there anything that can be done afer you get through this series of shots that could be preventive? I had back trouble many years ago and I found help with some exercises to strenghen my stomach muscles and those muscles around my back.

Love this idea of a stamp! I find Nehemiah most inspiring. i would want the artist to capture the Nehemiah leading the men to work with weapons strapped to their legs while they worked on the walls and gates of the temple. I can relate to that in my spiritual warfare: working with my tools and a "spiritual" weapon in sight and readily avaiable in the second an attack hits.

May your husband's post be a great fit for all of you!!!!