Friday, November 14, 2008

The Nightmare Jury!

It was absolutely ghostly! Hollywood could not have made a scarier place. The foggy mist, the echos of once convicted souls hollering about their sentences. It was a room... eerie and gray like looking through a thick fog only there was no moisture. I could hear myself breathe...a little wheezy. It wasn't asthma...not here anyway. It was a wonder I could breathe at all...was I even allowed to breathe here? Suddenly I heard my name. Not Pamela or Pam my full name, even my maiden name, which I dropped when I got married because my husband liked my middle name, and I didn't want to write out four names...I wonder if that little bit of laziness will count?

I step forward to the front. I am standing in front of a large desk...It is called something else but right now, I am too scared to remember what. I should know, after all the court TV shows I've watched. Huhmmm? What if that counts too? Some of them were pretty raunchy. Oh my!

Out to the side I watch as someone steps up to the jury box. (At least I remembered what that was called) I do not know her, but I know she knows me. I can tell by the way she looks at me. She is dressed like someone from ancient times or the Bible. She is beautiful. I wish I could look that good. Ooops! Will that count too? Is that called envy? She is joined by several men and women from different times in history. Some are tribal looking people. One looks like a cruel dictator from somewhere in South America. He was on the news a lot, when I was in my 20's...what was his name? It began with an N? Oh! Noriago! How could he be on my jury? I barely know him from the news. This is so strange. I want to go home! But I can't! I have to stay here! It is my time!

This isn't an American courtroom. Here the jurors are also my witnesses. They will judge and testify against me. I here their names now: The Queen of Sheba, the people of Nineveh, the Acua tribesmen, the very ones who killed the missionaries! There is Doc Holiday, along with other gunslingers from the old west. Some politicians and musicians, who I would have never believed would be here. There is some bad looking biker dudes and many soldiers from every war I have ever read about in history.

All of these people have one thing in common...they are here to judge me.

I listen as they list my sins, and I realize that even though I have never met these people...they know every detail about me. All the things I thought were hidden or forgotten are now before me, as evidence against me. I am ashamed and fall to my knees in fear and in tears.

Suddenly, the room lights up with blinding whiteness! I can't see and must cover my face. The light is so bright, it hurts my eyes even though the are both closed and covered by my hands! I am being lifted to my feet...no off my feet...I am in the air...being held up high and twirled like a kid in the arms of her father. No, it is really more like the old romance movie scenes where the man twirls his long lost girl in the air. I open my eyes, as I hear this loud powerful voice say...

NOT GUILTY! SHE IS MINE! This isn't a nightmare this is heaven!

Luke 11:29-32 has been haunting me for the past week or so.
Jesus said that this generation (Which includes us ) would be judged by the Queen of Sheba because we seek signs and proof, but we do not believe what we have already seen. We will also be judged by the people of Nineveh who upon hearing of their sins turned and obeyed God. Just from one sermon (and not a good one at that!)

Well just like I don't want rocks to do all the praising, I don't want these people judging me either come judgment day.

No matter what your doctrine is about the judgements that will or will not fall on Christians then...
This I know and will stand on for eternity. I belong to Christ! His blood covers me! I want with all my heart for Him to shout...Well Done Baby Girl!

My mom use to have a saying when I would get in trouble and say: "But I didn't mean to!" She would shoot back "I know. But the problem is that you didn't mean not to!" Translation: I didn't set out not to get in trouble...by not caring or "meaning not to"...I let trouble get me.

So starting today...I am going to do everything I can to "mean not to" sin!

It won't be easy! I will fail! But with practice and determination, maybe just maybe, I will have fewer things for the Queen of Sheba to say against me!

Love ya!
Pamela

9 comments:

On Purpose said...

"Well Done Baby Girl"

For that phrase right there warms my heart and makes me dance...in anticipation!

Edie said...

Amen Pamela. Amen.

Kelly said...

There used to be a saying "Who do you think you are? The Queen of Shebia?" Now I realize where that came from. It must mean someone is being judgemental.

Always learning over here, Pamela.

Kay Martin said...

Yes, unmerited grace and favor..."she's mine." That we will face the Judge; the true judge is reality. That Satan will have a clear "video tape" replay of offenses as irrefutable evidence (I'm a courtroom drama watcher too1)is a certainty. You so beautifully brought this scene into fine tuned living color, up close and personal.

When we can see what Jesus' blood does, did and will do; everything comes into perspective. Knowing when I broke one of the commandments I broke all of them puts me at ease with everyone, and gives me such joy to know nothing is held against me because of Him.

Thank you, thank you for putting the main thing in the primary position.

Kay

Anonymous said...

Wow - powerful writing. I was there with you thinking, "Why are we here?"

My soul escaped, as a bird, out of the snare of the fowler!

Unknown said...

Pam, I am with you. I am meaning not to, also. I often have to remind myself but for the grace of God, there go I.

I have definitely made my mistakes but the Blood. I am sure that there will be a long line of accusers, yet I hope that when He looks up they are all gone.

Love this post. Be blessed and healed today.

MiVida

Joyfulsister said...

Hi Pam..
This reminds of a quote I heard from an old Pastor many years ago he said..
Sinless does not mean we we will never sin..but that we should strive to sin less and less each day.
Love this post Sistah!!!

Hugz Lorie

My ADHD Me said...

This was VERY powerful.
What a great response for when my kids (or I) say "I didn't mean to"!

Leaon Mary said...

I could absolutely SEE it... and imagine.... !!!
It kind of reminded me of that book the shack... have you read it? I loved it!
Lea